windows display is upside down?

timerep 17:13 PM 01 Apr 13

switched on my laptop today and boots up ok untill you get to the log in screen and its upside down? desktop is upside down, mouse buttons are reversed as well. Is it a driver problem or a virus? I use microsoft security essentials and its all up to date any ideas?

Ian in Northampton 17:18 PM 01 Apr 13

Could you have accidentally hit Control+Alt and one of the arrow keys? Control+Alt and the up arrow and control and the down arrow flip the screen through 180 degrees. (I think)

woodchip 18:40 PM 01 Apr 13

Stand on your head till you sort it!

You have to go Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced then look for rotating part of the programs software

Ian in Northampton 19:08 PM 01 Apr 13

It depends on the OS if you don't use (your PC doesn't support) the ctrl/alt/arrow function. On W7, right click on the desktop, click on screen resolution, then click on 'orientation', then choose from the drop-down list.

timerep 19:38 PM 01 Apr 13

thanks guys will take an asprin now I can get the right way up.

Taff™ 20:12 PM 01 Apr 13

It's a laptop! Turn it on its side (90 degrees) right click the desktop if you can, and select the graphics card options then as above recommendations. Look for "rotation" or as Ian in Northampton suggested ...

To be honest I think you have, or someone else has, pressed a key combination! You've either got a special cat dancing across the keyboard or a toddler that can do that unknowingly ;0)

If they are older than that they have done it deliberately.

By the Way - It is April 1st so all bets are off!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November