Windows disappear when I minimise

Totally-braindead 13:25 28 Apr 05

I'm sure this is a simple thing to cure but I don't know how. Basically when I minimise a program whatever it might be it used to still be there on the taskbar so I could switch between programs. I have no idea what I've altered but obviously I've changed something. When I minimise any window it vanishes without a trace and in order to get back to the window I have to press CTRL, ALT, DEL to bring up the taskmanager and then double click on the program to open it again. Can anyone tell me what I've inadvertantly altered and how to get it back to what it was before. Thanks.

Totally-braindead 17:25 28 Apr 05

Anyone got a clue?

Totally-braindead 17:54 28 Apr 05

Tried it but unfortunatly didn't work, so I'm still stuck.

Totally-braindead 18:15 28 Apr 05

By the way also tried system restore twice to different dates and that didn't work either. I think theres something obvious that I'm missing but haven't a clue what it is.

Totally-braindead 18:19 28 Apr 05

At the moment I've just got the Language bar showing on the taskbar, I've tried clicking all the other Toolbar options but nothing seems to bring back the open programs for some reason I have to open the taskmanager to get back to them. Anyone know if this is something I've done or a corruption of windows?

Buchan 35 19:13 28 Apr 05

I`ve found that if I hit the minimise button, it does exactly that, but I don`t lose my page. It`s on the task bar on the bottom and if you click on it, it`ll come back. The middle button is for Maximising and Restoring Down

Totally-braindead 19:53 28 Apr 05

Buchan 35 thats exactly the problem, it no longer does this, the page or program that I'm running just appears to disappear and I have to use the taskmanager to get the program back. As I've said I'm sure its something simple, an option somewhere perhaps but I can't find it.

Technotiger 19:54 28 Apr 05

Hi, just a possibility - right click on desktop then go to Arrange Icons By>Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard.

Cheers.

Totally-braindead 19:58 28 Apr 05

Technotiger don't know what you had in mind but I've just tried it and it hasn't done a thing, other than remove some of the desktop icons.

Technotiger 20:05 28 Apr 05

Hi, I said it was just a possibility, I know it has repaired other similarly obscure faults in the past.

Any icons it has 'removed' you will find in a folder in your My Documents entitled Unused Desktop Shortcuts. These are just shortcuts which you have not used for some time and can easily be put back on the desktop if you so wish.

Cheers.

Totally-braindead 20:11 28 Apr 05

Fair enough Technotiger it doesn't do any harm anyway I just wish I knew how this happened.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…