Windows Dialer and Digital Phone System

Fruity69 19:35 23 Nov 05

I have an application which can be configured to use the Windows Dialer. However, I also have a digital phone system.

How can I get Windows Dialer to dial a number for me so that I can use the phone once it's dialed with this set-up? Can the two interact? I have done this in the past using an analogue modem and analogue phone system - but never digital.

mgmcc 20:38 23 Nov 05

Standard V.90/V.92 Modems installed in PCs are analogue devices and are not compatible with digital phone systems.

Fruity69 22:24 23 Nov 05

Yes, I appreciate that. Does anyone know how I can get the dialer to dial from a digital phone system?

DieSse 22:52 23 Nov 05

You mean ISDN??

Does your ISDN adapter software not include such a utility?

Does you ISDN terminal box not include analogue inputs also? (the only ones I've seen, in Spain, do)

Taff™ 07:54 24 Nov 05

Agree with DieSse. This is usually configured at the main switchboard box for the extension you are using. Most of the so called Digital systems are in fact Hybrids and you will have a certain number of extensions that can be switched to analogue. Ask the equipment supplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…