Windows delayed Write failure

ethelbert 16:43 08 Nov 09

Hello,
Can someone help please?
I have been having the above error message after moving some files. I have looked at MSclick here
but my problem is that in addition I cannot open Start nor access ant of my desktop programs

Help please - I have lots of work to do.

Many thanks,

rdave13 16:51 08 Nov 09

Assuming XP have a look here; click here

rdave13 17:00 08 Nov 09

Oops you've already tried the MS fix. Try a system restore to just before the problem. Otherwise try number 195 right hand side; click here

Also run your AV program and MBAM and SAS.

click here

click here

Free versions of both.

ethelbert 17:04 08 Nov 09

Rdave,
You have given me the link that I have been to. My problem is that I cannot carry out the advice because I cannot open Start!!

I can switch on computer it loads but I cannot operate anyting from here. It appears frozen. I cannot operate the cursor.

I need advice on how to 'unfreeze' so that I can follow MS adive. Yes I have XP

User-1229748 17:07 08 Nov 09

have you tried safe mode?

rdave13 17:12 08 Nov 09

Start in safe mode; click here
and select last known goog configuration. If that fails then safe mode (without internet connection) and run system restore. If you get your desktop back then run the programs suggested.

ethelbert 17:12 08 Nov 09

Shd have added - am using husband's computer - so cannot use mine for internet.

rdave13 17:18 08 Nov 09

Goog = good unless it's a new word...
Try safe mode and last known gooD config.

ethelbert 17:44 08 Nov 09

I think this is really a bad day! I have run out of batteries and my mouse is dead! I can get into Safe Mode and almost got online, until my mouse died.

Be back tomorrow hopefully with a better result!

Many thanks for all the help

ethelbert 14:31 09 Nov 09

Ok am back online. I still have the problem and have to use Safe mode - tried also system restore. It didn't stop the problem. I have run Reg.Mechanic which has found a load of faults. Does anyone use this - the purchased version that is?

Wondering whether to purchase when I may not use it again for sometime. Sorry to be so wavy!

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…