WINDOWS - DELAYED WRITE FAILED ERROR MESSAGE?

rotormota 08:03 03 Dec 06

Hi,

I have a new HP Pavilion PC with two internal 200GB HDs. One is the main 'C' drive & the other a spare 'D' drive.

In the last week or so I have started getting a Windows pop up error message from the system tray every time I try to move/copy anything from another HD to the 'D' drive. The message begins with the words 'Windows - Delayed Write Failed' followed with information about the affected files.

In addition this D drive is now not showing up in some applications such as Norton GoBack or Norton System Optimiser. That said, it is visible in 'My Computer' & when clicked on it opens up as normal. I can create new folders/files within 'D' but moving/copying/saving to the drive is a problem. However, when carrying out such a process files are transferred to 'D' & seem to be accessible. Something is not right though.

Any suggestions please?

Regards,
J

VoG II 08:31 03 Dec 06

click here may help.

rotormota 17:43 04 Dec 06

Thanks VoG but already looked there.

To add further I cannot format the drive 'D' any longer or indeed carry out many diagnostics at all.

Norton Disk Doctor does still recognise it & when a test is run, all is well except for 'File Structures'. The message it gives says 'Cannot open volume for direct access.'

If I go to Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management/ again the 'D' drive does show up in the list though under 'File System' column it is blank but should say NTFS.

One other thing I have noticed is that it may be a folder/file size issue. Folders in mbs size seem to transfer to 'D' without the error message. When I tried a folder in gbs the error message popped up.

This is extremely annoying.
Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Jules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017