WINDOWS - DELAYED WRITE FAILED ERROR MESSAGE?

rotormota 08:03 03 Dec 06

Hi,

I have a new HP Pavilion PC with two internal 200GB HDs. One is the main 'C' drive & the other a spare 'D' drive.

In the last week or so I have started getting a Windows pop up error message from the system tray every time I try to move/copy anything from another HD to the 'D' drive. The message begins with the words 'Windows - Delayed Write Failed' followed with information about the affected files.

In addition this D drive is now not showing up in some applications such as Norton GoBack or Norton System Optimiser. That said, it is visible in 'My Computer' & when clicked on it opens up as normal. I can create new folders/files within 'D' but moving/copying/saving to the drive is a problem. However, when carrying out such a process files are transferred to 'D' & seem to be accessible. Something is not right though.

Any suggestions please?

Regards,
J

VoG II 08:31 03 Dec 06

click here may help.

rotormota 17:43 04 Dec 06

Thanks VoG but already looked there.

To add further I cannot format the drive 'D' any longer or indeed carry out many diagnostics at all.

Norton Disk Doctor does still recognise it & when a test is run, all is well except for 'File Structures'. The message it gives says 'Cannot open volume for direct access.'

If I go to Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management/ again the 'D' drive does show up in the list though under 'File System' column it is blank but should say NTFS.

One other thing I have noticed is that it may be a folder/file size issue. Folders in mbs size seem to transfer to 'D' without the error message. When I tried a folder in gbs the error message popped up.

This is extremely annoying.
Any other thoughts?

Regards,
Jules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…