Windows defender Updates 63 days old

Halmer 09:10 01 Apr 06

I had reinstall this program.

Now it is telling me that the definitions are old even tho' I've updated it and the taskbar balloon informs me that updates have been succesful.

There is an orange exclamation mark on the taskbar icon.

Anyone know how to solve this please?

ACOLYTE 09:15 01 Apr 06

click here may help

Eric half-bee 09:17 01 Apr 06

Try going to the WIndows update option ("Start" then "Programs" and it's above the folder list.

I've given up on Defender - there's always some problem with it - it fails to update continuously and most recently Zone Alarm was querrying it at start-up all the time. It hasn't got half the functionality MS Antispyware had and I'm not at all sure of Defender's real-time protection.

ACOLYTE 09:23 01 Apr 06

I can understand your worries,i myself have had problems with it in the past,but i still think it is worth having,and it is still only a Beta program,so hopefully all these little niggles will be ironed out in the final release.

Halmer 09:44 01 Apr 06

Neither worked sorry.

skidzy 09:58 01 Apr 06

Start > Run > copy and paste the data below into the run box and enter.Reboot your system.

Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}

This will solve your update problem

Lettervanman 11:58 01 Apr 06

I did a restore to cure an unrelated problem and it upset Defender. Ran the fix as above which I had used and posted before and all was well.

Had to do another restore re.first problem and this time the fix would not work!
I had to install and use Windows Install Cleanup to get things sorted.

Halmer 12:25 01 Apr 06

I've already tried that from the link above thanks.

It tries to do something then comes back with 'the patch could not be applied' or something similar.

thanks

Halmer 12:26 01 Apr 06

I too have recently had to do a restore. I wonder if we had/have a similar issue?

VoG II 12:27 01 Apr 06

Windows Installer Cleanup click here;en-us;290301 then reinstall Defender.

Halmer 12:31 01 Apr 06

not working sorry VOG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced