//some 3rd party need geo

Windows Defender Scan Times

RobCharles1981 00:43 29 Apr 06

When I'm using Windows Defenda on the Quick Scan Time it takes about 10 mins, when I select the full scan it takes over 2 and a half hours too scan my whole pc why is this ?

Skills 01:18 29 Apr 06

The full scan scans all files on your PC whereas the quick scan only scans certain areas such as the registry

RobCharles1981 10:58 29 Apr 06

Anymore suggestions from anyone ??

Meshuga 11:03 29 Apr 06

Hi Rob,it is as Skills has said. On a full scan it will scan everything on your pc and the time it takes depends on how much data on your pc. On mine it takes half hour for full scan but I dont have a lot on.

Pine Man 12:24 29 Apr 06

I have about 280,000 files on my PC, according to my AV, and when I run a full scan on Defender it takes just under an hour.

vinnyT 12:50 29 Apr 06

Also, some files take longer to scan, esp. games and video files, so if you have lots of games and/or movie files on your pc, it will take much longer to scan.

powerless 13:04 29 Apr 06

According to WD I have just over 1.5 million files
and it takes 1.5 hours!

However I usually do a FULL scan once a month and it finds nothing. A QUICK scan every other time and that also finds nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…