Windows defender problem.

muddypaws 19:28 22 Jul 06

When I opened up Win Def. this morning it said there was an updated version for download--Defender beta2X60. When I attempted to d/load it it made my current version in-accessible. One of the quotes was--' The older version cannot be removed-Contact Tech. Support'.
When I try and run the install from the d/load it says--' The feature yiu are tryintg to use is on a network that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package ' Windows defender.msi' in box below. I have Windows Defender in programme files size 11.7 mbs that contains ' AS Sigs MSI'. This is a Windows install package which is the nearest I can get to the .msi above. This won't install either. I have done a restore which hasn't helped and also copy and pasted the Win def folder from my Ghost copy on 'G', but no luck.
If I use 'add/remove' it still wont uninstall the old version. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

muddypaws 19:29 22 Jul 06

Sorry. System is Win XP Home SP2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…