Windows Defender Problem

heavymetalkid 23:58 28 Apr 06

I've had Windows Defender on for a week or two and thought it was ok. Today however when I did a full scan I couldn't access my Outlook Express. Performed a few more scans and, after each one my e-mails froze. I've uninstalled it now. Anyone else had problems with it?

rdave13 00:44 29 Apr 06

Yes. Since the kb915597 update defender was unable to update anything! Reverted back to being 92 days out of date. Have uninstalled this time for a good while. By the way any success at uninstalling that game of yours?

heavymetalkid 10:49 29 Apr 06

Morning Rdave and thanks for reply. I think Plasmapong's gone,typed the name into "Search" and "All files and folders", found 18 so I deleted them. Next time I looked, some had returned....deleted again and, although it said clear, this morning there were 5 there listed as "Chunks jsp?ipid cdocuments and settings". I've just deleted them and at the moment it states clear. I'm a little concerned that I may have deleted something I shouldn't have. Could that have been possible?

rdave13 11:01 29 Apr 06

Shouldn't think so but maybe a good idea to run the reg cleaner in Ccleaner.

heavymetalkid 11:09 29 Apr 06

Ok, will do....I'm off to work now, I'll do it when I return tonight. Thanks mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…