Windows Defender or Spyware Terminator?

RobCharles1981 18:25 06 Nov 06

click here

Looking at the above link, What does everyone think of Spyware Terminator?

At the moment I'm using Windows Defender and doesnt pick up nothing at all?

VoG II 18:27 06 Nov 06

Note on SpywareTerminator: We originally listed Spyware Terminator on this page out of concerns that Crawler, the company behind the product, had established connections with IBIS, a well known adware distributor responsible for such adware programs as Wintools, Websearch, & Huntbar. Although we found no problems in our initial testing with Spyware Terminator, and while the vendor itself announced that it was exiting the adware business (1), we decided out of caution to impose a three month probation period before we would consider re-testing and, if warranted, de-listing the the product from the Rogue/Suspect list. During that three month probation period we monitored the behavior of IBIS and Crawler. At the end of the three month probation period we re-tested Spyware Terminator, again finding no problems serious enough to justify listing the program on this page. As the vendor involved has not been involved in the distribution of adware for many months, and as the program itself exhibits no problems serious enough to warrant mention on this page, we have decided to de-list Spyware Terminator from the Rogue/Suspect list and can no longer regard the program to be "rogue/suspect."

click here

RobCharles1981 18:32 06 Nov 06

So I guess it looks a no no

I was following this link:

click here

VoG II 18:35 06 Nov 06

Why not try SuperAntiSpyware click here

GaT7 18:38 06 Nov 06

Rob_24_Wales, you've misunderstood it seems: "...we have decided to DE-list Spyware Terminator from the Rogue/Suspect list and can NO longer regard the program to be "rogue/suspect."

Seems very good for freeware - a review click here. G

GaT7 18:42 06 Nov 06

Also check out AVG Anti-Spyware Free click here. No real-time protection in the free version though. G

RobCharles1981 18:47 06 Nov 06

What I got so far is this:

AVG Antivirus
Zone Alarm Pro

Spybot
Ad-Aware
AVG Antispyware
A2

Windows Defender

VoG II 18:51 06 Nov 06

I don't really think you need any more except perhaps Spywareblaster discussed click here

RobCharles1981 19:02 06 Nov 06

Shall I go ahead thou and try out Spyware Terminator thou ??

VoG II 19:03 06 Nov 06

Why not and let us know what you think of it.

RobCharles1981 19:04 06 Nov 06

Should I install Spyware Blaster also ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…