Windows Defender gets updates twice

rawprawn 08:56 12 May 09

I have my updates set to inform me before installing (To stop IE 8 auto install) The last two days the updates for windows defender have been installed twice.
I get one update and install successfully then immediately the same again.
Any Ideas, I have turned WD Off to stop it.

ventanas 09:00 12 May 09

Morning Dennis - What's wrong with IE8.

As for Defender, I turned that off a lifetime ago.

birdface 09:10 12 May 09

Run Microsoft updates manually And when w/defender update appears click the little + at the side.Another box will appear underneath .Click the little square do not show this update again.And that will get rid of it.

rawprawn 09:32 12 May 09

Morning John, I tried it three times in total and had the smae two problems each time.
1, Message "Internet Explorer has stopped working and will close"
2, Very Slow opening new Tabs.

rawprawn 09:36 12 May 09

Morning buteman, Yes I will try that because when I look closely all the six updates over the last week are the same.
Thanks.

birdface 09:45 12 May 09

Morning rawprawn.I always run my Microsoft updates manually it is usually the second tuesday of every month which makes it to-night.
Like Ventanas I am not a great fan of W/Defender and removed it a long time ago.
It is a bit like Norton you either like it or hate it.On a popularity basis I think about 50% like it and 50% don't
Very slow opening Tabs.I have mine turned off as I got fed up with them.
Anyhow I hope you get your problem solved.Maybe the updates to-night might fix it.

birdface 09:47 12 May 09

You can always do the same with IE8 update.And tick the button not to show that update again .You can always reverse it at any time if you change your mind.

rawprawn 09:55 12 May 09

I have already done that, which is why I changed the settings in update so that nothing else "snuck up" on me. ;))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…