Windows defender

Daiol 16:15 01 Mar 11

Running windows 7 with MSE Cant seem to get to open windows defender.Had a virus problem earlier nothing to do with windows defender,Dont know what the general feeling is about MSE I think I was more secure with avast.
Can some one put me on the correct track on how to open windows defender tried all angles it keeps telling me that it needs to be turned on,
Have tried that option with no luck.
Thanks.d.

colberly 16:21 01 Mar 11
  birdface 16:32 01 Mar 11

You cant open it part of it is used by MSE.
Try downloading MalwareBytes or Superantispyware or Emisoft Anti-Malware all free so take your pick.

catpwss 16:44 01 Mar 11

reading the main question,What do the people think of MSE??,Is it good I notice that he said about avast I think avast is good still pondering about MSE.Sorry to butt in.c.

Daiol 16:55 01 Mar 11

Thanks for reply,problem solved regarding windows defender.What are the thoughts on the MSE?.
Thanks.d.
ps.I have superantispyware & Malwarebytes & of course MSE,Should that be enough?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:31 01 Mar 11

Vista or W7
MSE + windows own Firewall is basically good protection, if your paranoid back it up and do weekly scans with either Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware, you could also help by using SpywareBlaster as a blocker.

If still running XP
Avast + a firewall like Zonealarm or Comodo + windows defender for realtime antispywareand if paranoid back it up and do weekly scans with either Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware, you could also help by using SpywareBlaster as a blocker.

birdface 17:37 01 Mar 11

That should be enough add Spywareblaster and WOT and that should do.
WOT just warns you of bad sites so you know to stay away from them.

Daiol 15:51 03 Mar 11

Many thanks all,Seems to be satisfactory now,looked into your thoughts on spyware blaster and WOT etc.
Thanks once again.d.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…