windows defender

pat2068 23:20 09 Aug 10

could anyone tell me if zonealarm or avg free stops windows defender from working and could you also tell me if you can get privicy protection for free thanks leo

northumbria61 23:35 09 Aug 10

Windows Defender is a malware scan. It definitely does not conflict with AVG (Virus checker) and I think it is most unlikely to conflict with Zone Alarm (Firewall).

Free Privacy Protection - take a look here - click here

kristain 06:20 10 Aug 10

I would suggest you not to trust on trial or free softwares. It could be risky to loose your data or privacy.

Jollyjohn 10:55 10 Aug 10

It i swell documented that AVG 9 Free version stops Windows defender from running.
I have changed a dozen computers to Avast Antivirus in the last two months since AVG have not yet come up with a fix.

robin_x 11:21 10 Aug 10

I would also suggest that free AVs are fine.

I would go more them that, you mad to pay.

AVG, Avast, Avira (Avira my personal choice)

I can't disparage the brand names, they might track me down and sue me, but there is enough on the web.

johndrew 11:47 10 Aug 10

In my experience whether AVG 9 turns off Defender or not depends on the boot sequence. If Defender boots first it starts; if AVG runs then it prevents Defender. Defender can always be started manually later.

As for free privacy protection have a look at these click here

northumbria61 12:29 10 Aug 10

Windows Defender - Go into its options and turn off "Real Time" protection by unchecking the little box. This will end any conflicts with AVG, but you can still scan with Defender.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…