windows defender

bpzoom 22:08 30 Dec 06

I already pay for E-Trust Pest Control at a reasonable annual fee. It updates automatically every day without my intervention and I am satisfied with it. Is there do you think any point in downloading Windows Defender as well? Would there be a chance of a clash bewteen the two systems?

Jackcoms 22:14 30 Dec 06

There wouldn't be a clash.

To be blunt, Defender would do the job just as well on its own - and it's free.

Couple it with click here (as a malware blocker) and that's all you need

birdface 10:15 31 Dec 06

If you are happy with what you have,I would leave it at that,I have Windows Defender and I am not sure whether to delete it or not,It does nothing,Not found any problems on my computer at all,Which means that my other Spyware+Anti-Spyware programs are all working Ok,So really no need for W/Def, But I keep it just in case one day it might just find something,I use A.V.G Anti-virus+Spyware,They seem to do the Job well and have no problems with them,I think that you will get a lot of folk out there with the same thoughts about w/Def,All right as a standby I suppose.

skidzy 10:18 31 Dec 06

Agreed,Defender is just not worth the hassle and seemingly does nothing.

Follow the above suggestions as ive found these to be the best course of protection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:48 31 Dec 06

I have Windows Defender and I am not sure whether to delete it or not,It does nothing,Not found any problems on my computer at all,Which means that my other Spyware+Anti-Spyware programs are all working Ok,

Defender is a real time scanner / blocker how do you know its defender doing nothing or the others doing nothing?

I run spyware blaster and defener only and get no problems found when I do a weekly scan with others, this tells me defender is doing its job.

skidzy 12:13 31 Dec 06

Very good point Fruit Bat /\0/\ regarding Defender,but from personal experience the hassles i had and with MS update problems i decided to rid this from my systems.
Im sure it may be doing something and your point is very valid.However with Spywareblaster updated reguarly and now with spyware Terminator realtime i find this very good to date.

bpzoom 13:51 31 Dec 06

Many thanks to you all. The replies all indicate that there is no need for Defender if another system is working well. E-Trust Pest Control appears to work very well and the cost is not great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…