Windows Defender

heavymetalkid 22:23 11 Nov 06

I've just installed the finished version of Windows Defender and it seems to be playing havoc with my machine. Even though the installation is finished, each time I open it, instead of getting the Defender screen I get the installation box and it prepares to install it again. This is despite the fact that, initially it said "installation complete".

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:49 11 Nov 06

Uinstll and reinstall

birdface 22:57 11 Nov 06

Do what fruit bat says,But once you delete it,If you can run C Cleaner just to get rid of the little bits left behind.Then re-install.

heavymetalkid 00:46 12 Nov 06

Thanks both and before I followed your advice I realised what the problem was. I had to open it from "All Programs", not from the Desktop and I hadn't been doing that...it's there now.

Andsome 07:53 12 Nov 06

I open it fine from the desktop icon.

Probabilitydrive 08:40 12 Nov 06

it really shouldn't make any difference from where you open a self extracting .exe programme. desk top worked fine for me as well.

heavymetalkid 00:06 13 Nov 06

I think I'm confusing you. After installation, it didn't go to my desktop-only the Installer was there and that's what I was clicking on. I dragged and dropped it from "All Programs" to the desktop and now it opens as it should. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced