Windows Defender.

Granny. 13:46 25 Oct 06

Whenever I`ve come on here, I`ve always had great advice, and you have been very patient with me when I haven`t understood anything, so please can I pick your brains again?

I`ve been having a quick read through the posts, and notice that Windows Defender has been reccomended more than once, so I wondered if you could explain what it does exactly please?

I have Avast Anti-Virus, Spywarecatcher and AdAware on my computer at the moment.

Granny. 13:47 25 Oct 06

Sorry, I`ve also got ZoneAlarm as well!

VoG II 13:49 25 Oct 06
  SANTOS7 13:53 25 Oct 06

click here
good info here

click here
can be downloaded from here

Set a system restore point before you decide to download prog, try it out, if there are no conflicts with the other progs you have on your PC, keep it, you can always uninstall it if it doesn't work properly.
you may find it does things better than some of the other spy/malware progs you have in that case you could uninstall those...

Granny. 14:06 25 Oct 06

Thank you very much, I`m going to download it.:)

Sorry to be so dim, but whats the easiest way to set a system restore point?

I have reset it to an earlier date when my computer played up a few weeks ago. Is that what I do this time please?

VoG II 14:08 25 Oct 06

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

and follow the prompts to create a restore point.

RobCharles1981 14:09 25 Oct 06

Always good to have Windows Defender but how does the Real Time Protection work? How does it notify you of any threats??

SANTOS7 14:09 25 Oct 06

To set a System Restore Point...

* Open the Start menu

* Open the Programs menu

* Open the Accessories menu

* Open the System Tools menu

* Finally, start System Restore

* Pick the option for setting a System Restore Point and click on the Next button

* Fill in a name for the restore point so you can find it and click on the Create button

* Click on the Close button when done

Granny. 14:10 25 Oct 06

Thank you VERY much VoG and SANTOS7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…