Windows Critical Updates

Nick Dalton 10:18 06 Jul 04

I've run this recently & have 3 critical updates to install. Reviewed & installed. Got a sucessful installation message. But when I run the update again I still get told to download the same 3 critical updates ....any ideas?

sattman 19:57 06 Jul 04

When you go look "updates installed" does it see the three as installed.?

Nick Dalton 11:07 08 Jul 04

Yes it does. The updates are all about windows explorer version 6 but I think I'm version 5 thought not sure how to tell could this be the reason?

ventanas 11:09 08 Jul 04

Help menu\About will give you the version.

Cook2 11:12 08 Jul 04

Try Big Fix click here
and see what it comes up with. You may have to cut and paste the link.

Nick Dalton 11:16 08 Jul 04

so if the version is 5 or 5.5 as I suspect (as I've had messages saying they detect version 5 & can speed me up) I have a few questions:-

Why would update offer patches for version 6?
Should I go to version 6 & how do I do that...use this sites download area?

thanks for advice

Nick Dalton 09:14 09 Jul 04

reviewed it last night & it is version 6 . So does anyone know why I can't get past these 3 patches?

bgc2668 09:37 09 Jul 04

Try instaling them one at a time, maybe it is just one that is causing the problem.

sattman 08:45 10 Jul 04

Somewhere microsoft advises if problems install each one seperataly and maybe rebooting each time

sattman 08:57 10 Jul 04

Looking at the thread again - From the information you give It would seem that you are on version 6 and that you have the latest patches.

I am aware that microsoft update has a bug where search for patches can advise that you require when in fact you allready have them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…