Windows could not log on window keeps appearing

FatboySlim71 22:55 18 Jun 06

I am running windows XP Pro. I keep getting a window appearing with the heading title "LOG ON MESSAGE" this window appears mainly when the PC has been switched off for several hours? The window says,

The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be in the correct case.

I have always had windows to load straight into the desktop screen, I have never had to click on a user name or enter a password. I tried clicking on start, run then typing control userpasswords2 and unticking the box for users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

FatboySlim71 10:35 19 Jun 06

I think I have fixed the problem. The problem was that I chose an option in my Window Washer program under WASH SETUP/WINDOWS SYSTEM called "DEFAULT LOGON USER NAMES" which does the following,

"Default Logon User Names This Windows registry entry stores the last user name used to log on to your computer. Ticking this option deletes this registry entry, which means that you will have to enter your user name each time you turn on or restart your computer"

So I unticked the "DEFAULT LOGON USER NAMES" option, and now the problem seems to have gone away, I will run my PC for a few days and see if the problem comes back, before I tick resolved. I thought I would post back my solution back, just in case some other Window Washer users are having the same problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…