Windows - Corrupt File

Sirpad 01:21 04 Apr 06

I linked to a page today that just hung there for a long time. I tried ending the task but could not....so I rebooted.

Now I get this message popping up bottom right.

'Windows - Corrupt File'
The file or directory C:\Documents and Settings\Myname\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4TZVOTUZ is corrupt or unreadable.
Please run the CHKDSK utility.

I only remember CHKDSK from DOS. I ran a full virus scan with NOD32 and I ran CCleaner and I have Spywareblaster and CWShredder.

What should I do? Should I worry (it appears to be a temporary file)? Is this file significant?

terryf 01:43 04 Apr 06

Start>Run>cmd. When the window opens increase its size then type chkdsk /?. This will give you all the variants of chkdsk

Gandalph 01:52 04 Apr 06

Click Start>Right Click My Computer then Properties then Right Click the drive you want to run CHKDSK on and select properties. Click the tab marked tools, then click on Error Checking. Check the box marked Automatically Fix all errors then click OK. A dialogue box will appear and you will have to do a restart for the CHKDSK to start. Hope this helps.

Gandalph 01:54 04 Apr 06

Sorry, My post above should have been Left click My Computer.

Sirpad 02:39 04 Apr 06

Thanks guys....wasn't sure if CHKDSK was still in existance. Just ran it and it seemed to work like it used to work in DOS. It did find and delete a corrupt file. Thanks for staying up late and helping me out..........

ashdav 10:36 04 Apr 06

for my postings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…