Windows copyright.....

Tweaks 11:48 09 Sep 03

if i have 1 copy of windows XP can i install it to 2 machines i have at home on a LAN and still be legal?

one will be acting as a proxy to the net through my dsl (dont know if this makes any difference.)

bill gates get back to me quick.

-tweaks-

Jester2K II 11:49 09 Sep 03

NOPE.

Tweaks 11:55 09 Sep 03

the thought of shelling out more money to microsoft if a knife in my stomach. ... i want to be legal so i honestly think i would rather sell one pc than give billy one more cent.

i guess i could always set one machine up as a linux or other freeware system. hmmm...

Jester2K II 11:57 09 Sep 03

Bummer having to pay for stuff isn't it...

If you want something pay for it. Whats all this "shelling out more money to Microsoft if a knife in my stomach" about?? If you don't like paying MS use something else.

Tweaks 12:05 09 Sep 03

the operative word is MORE.... i dont mind at all paying for something - but i def think £120 (or what ever windows XP pro cost now) is a complete and utter rip off. you would think that when microsoft publish their end of year accounts and they have made billions they would think about handing some of it back to the customers who made them that money. guess not.

i feel the same way about banks and their charges which i consider "overcharges" in the face of their huge profit magins.

IMO

(heh quite a little *rant there*)

-tweaks-

Agree with Jester2K II, One copy of Windows = 1 PC. This is the same as it has always been with practically every piece of software ever released, Microsoft or not. Sometimes they (even MS) will allow you to install onto a laptop etc as well as a PC but not with Op sys's.

As to the knife comment, it amazes me the amount of people who seem to think that just because Microsoft is one of the most succesful companies and that Bill Gates a Billionaire as a result of his own hard work, inspiration and business accumen that he should now give away all his products for free.

I wonder what these people would say if the tables were turned????

Tweaks 12:19 09 Sep 03

i have no problem with ppl making lots of $$$. good for him.

but i presonally think microsoft have enough to maybe show the ppl who put them there that they are greatful for the support.

we have seen this with companies like ryan air recently. i think their giving away 1 mil tickets of 1p each was brilliant, and their profits are slightly less than microsofts. ...

IMO.

-Tweaks-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…