Windows compatability

fredie 23:57 14 May 03

I have just bought a laptop (windows XP) and have installed Office 2000 on to it. Is this going to cause problems?

I have had troubles transferring photos from my old desktop (windows 98) to my new laptop as well. It comes up with many different errors and wont let me open the folder which I have pasted them into.

DieSse 00:00 15 May 03

I have run Office2000 with Win XPPRo for around 9 months - no problems.

Photos - what errors? - and what won't even open the folder they're in - Explorer?

How did you transfer them - if via CD, perhaps they are still set to "Read-Only" on your new system.

Djohn 00:03 15 May 03

Office 2000 will work fine with Win. XP. As for the problems with transfer of photo's, I'm not sure of the cause, can you post the errors you are having and someone will be able to help you. J.

Djohn 00:04 15 May 03

Sorry DieSse, I was still typing as you answered. :o(

Simon_P 00:05 15 May 03

There will be no problems with this, aand work very well together.

As for your 2nd problem, I'm not sure, but may be due to the fact thet win 98 uses FAT 32 file system and XP uses NTFS?!? I personally dont think that this is the problem.

I expect that someone will be able to help with this better than I can.

Have you tried to save files to a CD and then transfer that way?

Simon_P 00:18 15 May 03

Sorry no mobo info available as it is a PC of a work associate.

The problem is as follows:

CMOS Battery failed and was replaced.
On resetting BIOS changing settings resetting clock etc selecting exit and save yes / no and selecting yes, PC boots fine and works ok.
After being powered down when booted next time get the error message CMOS battery low and all settings are lost.
Tried another new battery but no success.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I will try to get Mobo info and post it as soon as I can.

TIA

Simon_P 00:20 15 May 03

Posted in wrong place!

DieSse 00:22 15 May 03

I strongly recommend you to put this into a new thread of your own - it will get lost here - and you won't get an email whenever someone answers you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…