windows clock gaining

Maccyroo 20:08 28 Sep 04

my windows clock gains about 5 minutes a day. it sychronises with windows time server once a week and corrects itself but it is still a pain. Makes no difference if pc is on or off. any ideas? I have heard of clocks losing time when the motherboard is dying but my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe is only a year old!
Running XP Home with Athlon XP 2800 with 1GB RAM if this helps.

Audeal 20:24 28 Sep 04

Maccyroo: Try Socket Watch. It updates your clock each time you log onto the internet. click here

Maccyroo 20:30 28 Sep 04

thanks Audeal that will solve the problem but have you or anyone else got any ideas about why it gains so much. worried about my motherboard still

yaesu 22:09 28 Sep 04

Hi maccyroo
you could also go here click here I've used this for years without any problems.
Regards, yaesu

Audeal 01:35 29 Sep 04

The builtin clock on almost all Motherboards are notoriously inaccurate. In fact I can't remember ever hearing of one that does keep accurate time.

It is something we will have to live with but the program I linked you to will keep it correct. I have been using it for some time now and it has given me faithful service. You don't even know it is there, except when you look at your clock and see it is still correct.

orlandogreenback 01:43 29 Sep 04

Have had the same problem, same board. Weird that it should gain time but I've just ignored it til now. Would be interesting to hear theories...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…