//some 3rd party need geo

Windows clock date day jump strange problem

lemon2 19:31 12 Oct 04

I keep noticing periodically, (about once a week), that when I'm online the date in the windows clock is 24 hours ahead. i.e., this morning it was showing the date as 13/10/04. I manually correct it with "adjust date/time", but a week later, it's jumped ahead again.

This only occurs when I'm online, and when my firewall is set to block. It does not occur if I'm not online.

The clock is synchronised every 24 hours, and doesn't seem to gain time in itself, only the date gains a day. (Compared to my Oregon Scientific Radio controlled clock). Normal windows time gain problems seem to be the time gaining and not the date.

Anyone else experienced this, and knows why it's occuring?

System
dual booted XP & 98SE, PIII 1Ghz, QDI Advance F mobo, 640Mb RAM, 80 Gb Seagate Barracuda IV HDD, Ati Radeon 7200 graphics

g0slp 19:49 12 Oct 04

My first thought is that the battery on the motherboard may require changing.

lemon2 20:20 12 Oct 04

Thanks, I'll try replacing the mobo battery. I had wondered about the mobo battery but then dismissed it, as only the date was wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…