Windows Clock

Mastermind 18:14 23 Aug 03

I have recently built a new PC. For some reason the clock on it is gaining about 5 minutes a day.

What could be casuing this?

kingkenny 18:24 23 Aug 03

My XP clock never keeps time

I just switched it on and it said 4.50pm (its actually 6.25pm!!)

You can use web sychronisation with an internet clock. This seems to be a common problem with Windows.

powerless 18:35 23 Aug 03

My cock keeps the time all the time and its synchronised with Windows...

It has to be software that is changing the time. Disbale what you have to start when windows loads. The enable each one by one and you should find the culprit that is changing the time.

powerless 18:35 23 Aug 03

Clock even!

JIM 18:36 23 Aug 03

May be battery problem in the motherboard,but that i believe slows things down.

Reset your clock and if you normally play a regular game keep an eye on it.I know when daughter played snood it could easily lose 5 mins+.

JIM 18:41 23 Aug 03

That HAS BROUGHT A SMILE :) to me. ;)

-pops- 18:42 23 Aug 03

Freudian slip???????????????????????????????

Legolas 18:44 23 Aug 03

Powerless LOL very funny slip of the keyboard

Mastermind 19:03 23 Aug 03

Since it's a recent build there is no software on it yet, except for the essentials.

I use Chameleon Clock 3.01 to synchronize my clock on both of my PCs. There is nothing on my new PC that isn't on my old PC except for graphics card and motherboard drivers.

I'm at a loss to explain it.

powerless 19:09 23 Aug 03

It could be the battery then. As its a new build i wouldnt expect it to be. There is only way to find out...

Mastermind 19:27 23 Aug 03

I would have thought that the if the battery was dying that the clock would lose time not gain time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…