Windows and changing a hard drive

Noldi 20:16 19 Oct 05

Cut a long story short.
I have a nearly new lap top that has been damaged the insurance will pay for a new one. So do I have any problems if I ask to have the original hard drive transferred to the new lap top? Windows and Norton Licences etc. Just checking before I make a mistake.

Noldi

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 19 Oct 05

If exact same make and model will not be a problem,
but if different Mobo, graphics etc then drivers will not work.

If yiu are allowed to keep the damaged item ,You could then buy an external caddy click here to fit your drive and extract all the files license nos etc.

Or get an adaptor cable click here to fit your laptop hdd to a desk to do the same thing

Noldi 08:10 21 Oct 05

Thank you Fruit Bat

The Lap top was 3 days old so the same lap top is no problem. I just was not sure that all the Norton and Windows would work again in a new machine. I just saves me doing the partition and loading all the drivers etc. The Windows was not the standard version offered by the supplier so I have paid out a bit of money for the full version and to set it all up for 3 days use, If changing the hard drive works then it saves me a few quid, and if the supplier will swap the hard drive for free as I have purchased 4 Lap tops so far this year from him then I will be a happy man.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…