windows ce. which dongle works?

shaunryan 15:53 18 May 10

i got a 7" laptop from ebay and its working fine but i got a dongle and it doesnt support windows ce. though the laptop has instructions on how to install it anyone know which dongle works with windows ce 6.0

dms_05 14:49 22 May 10

I fear it's the other way round. I suspect Windows CE doesn't support WiFi dongles. Many of the cheaper 7" screen PC's on ebay quite clearly say the USB ports are only for keyboard/mouse use and don't support printers, dongles, memory sticks. Again this is probably because Windows CE was never designed for such use.

PP321 20:32 23 May 10

yup, like dms said, your wasting your time. the only chance you have is if it has a SD card slot, you can buy SDIO wifi cards which go into this slot and they support win ce, thier designed for XDA's ect, they work well i have one.

ephemeral 11:13 17 Jun 10

Do you need anything else after you've gotten the SDIO card? Do you just insert the dongle and it goes? And do you know what USB cd/dvd drives are compatible with windows CE?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…