Windows CARDFILE.EXE and XP

Sethhaniel 09:01 19 Apr 04

Have transfered CARDFILE from platform to platform XP being the latest with no problem
till now I went to open card (.crd) file and it showed nothing in folder - checking with windows explorer all files were there -
Clicking on files the asked which program to open with.. on selecting CARDFILE.EXE it didn't add program to list but defaulted to Acrobat which didn't open file -
I can now only open file by dragging and dropping .crd file onto the CARDFILE icon.

Any way to getting back as it was?

Sethhaniel 10:02 19 Apr 04

convert or read .CRD files

bazb 11:07 19 Apr 04

a free program to convert cardfile to text

click here

Iv`e not used it so I don't know what its like.

dth 12:13 19 Apr 04

For Cardfile to work in Windows XP you need to have both the programme (exe file) and the data file or files (the *.crd files) in the same folder.

anchor 12:28 19 Apr 04

I use Cardfile all the time with XP. As dth said, I have cardfile.exe and the data .crd file in the same folder. Also, ensure that you have crd files associated with cardfile.exe.

This is done in tools, folder options, file types.

Sethhaniel 12:49 19 Apr 04

was working fine till I tried to open it last night -
Bazb have downloaded you link and it does work in saving the files to readable text where I could cut & paste from -
and also downloaded Addrfile from :-
click here

which looks promising as it reads the card file and has other option - but will try Anchor's tools, folder options, file types - and see if that works
-

anchor 13:17 19 Apr 04

Sethhaniel:

I feel the answer is that the file type association is the problem. Correct that, and all will be well.

this may also be of interest;

click here

I imported my crd file into this without problem.

Sethhaniel 13:34 19 Apr 04

So will have fun testing and trying tonight.!!

Sethhaniel 08:19 20 Apr 04

have given up and am now using Addrfile click here
it is more flexible + it uses the .crd files already on system
THANX

Sethhaniel 08:24 23 Sep 04

Cardfile has has started to work (after a fashion)
in that it it is now available in the 'Open With' menu ;)

Sethhaniel 16:15 04 May 05

and uninstalled xptweak and couple other unused progs - Guess what Cardfile is now fully functioning again.

Strange things computers ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…