windows cannot start

calluminmk 19:42 22 May 05

Hi all,
This only used to happen from time to time but now its becoming more and more often.
My PC used to freeze after using it for a few hours constantly and then would not turn back on...
When i say it wont turn back on i dont mean it wont power up, but after it did the disk check screens before the windows XP loading screen, a black scrren with black or yellow text would appear stating :
Windows could not start due to a hardware configuation problem. To resolve this problem please check your hardware manual.

I have tried this but could not find any information.
Do any of you guys know how to solve my problem? or can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Callum

VoG II 20:03 22 May 05

Is this the message click here

calluminmk 20:31 22 May 05

yes, that was the error screen...
unfortunatly only bieng 14 years old and having the most technical expertise in my family, nobody i know understands how to fix my problem using those steps, can anybody make it easier for me to understand
Thanks

VoG II 20:33 22 May 05

If you can get into Windows I suggest that you try a repair click here

VoG II 20:34 22 May 05

If you can get into Windows I suggest that you try a repair click here

woodchip 20:58 22 May 05

Can you start in safe mode? by when computer starting keep pressing F5 then if you get into safe Do a Windows restore

calluminmk 21:40 23 May 05

no, i cant get past the hard drive check screen

VoG II 21:44 23 May 05

Do you have a Windows XP CD?

CutNpaste 22:04 23 May 05

Maybe its ur processor fan, that is causing the problem. Your processor is most probably overheating cos of ur fan and bios is turning ur comp off to protect it.
When u start ur comp go to the bios screen and find out what the temperature of the procesor is and the speed of the fan (rpm).
If u suspect anything dangerous then write them down and enter it on this post in this forum.

calluminmk 22:18 23 May 05

ok, ill try that tomorrow, thanks, and yes i have the xp cd, but re-installing windows meant the same problem so i thin hardware is to blame

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…