Windows cannot read disk

bogs 15:54 13 Jul 04

Hi,
When loading the CD-ROM for a BenQ DC3410 camera I get the error message "Windows cannot read disk. It might be corrupted or using a format not compatible with Windows."

The disk worked fine originally and after this message I ordered another from the manufacturer, but now get the same message. Any ideas of what has happened to my computer to cause this problem gratefully accepted.

!'m using Xp with 512 RAM

Diodorus Siculus 17:13 13 Jul 04

What is on the CD that you want? It may also be possible to download it from the manufacturer's site.

Try running the systme file checker

start

run

sfc /scannow

faintly curious 17:36 13 Jul 04

Is your CD drive able to read other CDs or is it just this one?

bogs 04:03 14 Jul 04

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried running sfc /scannow, but when asked to insert xp disk discovered it can't read that either. Same applies to my dvd drive. Seems I can play cds but can't read cd roms.Do I have to replace drives, or is there another alternative? All help much appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 09:17 14 Jul 04

Try going into the device manager and removing the CD ROM drive; reboot windows and it should pick it up and reinstall the drivers. Hopefully that will sort out any driver related problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…