Windows cannot open this file.

User-394903 09:26 07 Feb 07

Good morning all,
I run Win XP with sp2 and get the above message when I try to access details on floppy discs. All messages are in .wps

I have to leave now but will be back in about 1 hr

VoG II 09:36 07 Feb 07

Do you have Microsoft Works word processor installed?

Gongoozler 09:38 07 Feb 07

I think there are two possibilities here. The first is that you don't have a compatible version of MS Works on your computer, in which case a Works to Word converter should help click here. The second is that the floppy drive is faulty, in which case your computer probably can't read any floppy disks.

leedaz 09:38 07 Feb 07

click here

Might this help ?

User-394903 12:58 07 Feb 07

Vog, Gongoozler and leedaz,
Thank you for your help, guys. What I have in Microsoft Office 2003 is:- Tools/Access/Excel/Info Path/Outlook/Power Point/Publisher/Word. I know It is not the most up to date version, but it does me for what I do. Is it possible to correct the problem from within Tools. If so how would I do that?
Leedaz. Thanks for your contribution. Having had a look there are that many downloads I don't know where to start.

VoG II 13:06 07 Feb 07

Try this click here

Gongoozler 14:19 07 Feb 07

Hi digijack. Go to the Microsoft page from the link we've given you, then in the blue panel near the top of the page, click the "Download" button, this will download the file wp6rtf.exe to your computer. Double click on that file and it will install the converter into your MS Word. Then according to MS

Instructions for use:

1. In the program you're running, on the File menu, click Open.
2. In the Files of type: box, scroll down and select Works 6.0.

leedaz 07:30 08 Feb 07

I think the link VoG™ posted is the one for word 2003.

Gongoozler 09:24 08 Feb 07

Yes, the link VoG™ gave is the better one, it's suitable for Word 97, 200, 2002 and 2003.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…