Windows cannot fine file C:doc and settings 2

portofcall 20:37 06 Mar 09

Ok, I cannot open word processing document directly from destop without having to go into "open with". When I click on to doc I get this message: windows cannot find file c:/doc and settings\user\desktop. When I right click on "open with" I use microsoft word for windows 97-2003. This document open but comes with another message:
C:/desktop\doc1 is being used by user. Do you want to make a copy. I then cancel this message and the document is as normal. This is very different than pulling up doc from desktop without having to go through "open with". I don't understand why this process has changed and why I'm getting these new messages to open the document. This does not happen on any other file except word processing documents.

Thanks, Skip

Terminus90 20:49 06 Mar 09

What you want to do is open the file like you have been doing, then save it as something else. It should then open as you expect it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…