windows cannot find .exe file

haggis98 10:05 23 Jan 04

I have a HP notbook running windows xp home edition. and when i try to open a programme all i get is windows cannot find the file requied to open. my docs opend and also my computer i can view all the files so i know that they are there they just will not open. i suspect i have a virus but which one i dont know anyone have any ideas

Terrahawk 10:14 23 Jan 04

i suspect i have a virus????? have you done a scan
if not this will run a scan for you click here
then if you dont have any anti virus software for a more permanent solution click here or click here
both free for home use

good luck

haggis98 10:22 23 Jan 04

Hi thanks for reply yes i have norton vntivirus 2004 on notebook but i cant open it to run it to do a scan also i do not have it connected to the net i am running my desktop on the net is there a anti virus i can download and run from a cd

Terrahawk 10:31 23 Jan 04

do you have the norton cd if my memory serves me correct you can boot from the cd to run a scan that was the case with older versions may apply to yours

Terrahawk 10:32 23 Jan 04

oops should add you will need to set cd drive as 1st bootable device in the bios

Jester2K 11:31 23 Jan 04

Boot into Safe Mode. You should be able to run norton from there...

haggis98 19:26 23 Jan 04

hi I had the [email protected] virus but i was unable to run the antivirus on safe mode so i had to download the patch and run from cd also i was unable to disable the system restore at first but was able to do this via the regestry so all is working ok now so thanks to all for ur help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…