Windows cannot find............

teecee12 23:07 02 Oct 07

every time I logon to a website or my email I get an error message which windows says "cannot find http/etc etc ....make sure you typed correctly". This then goes away and the site comes up. I am using windows xp, firefox for my browser and norton 360 for my anti virus prog. The error message also appears when I logoff and I have to ok it to remove it. Although it's not life threatening its very annoying, any ideas please?
Trev

wee eddie 11:27 03 Oct 07

or maybe your ISP's Home Page has changed.

If so: Right Click IE and > Properties > Home Page > Paste in the new Address.

Marko797 14:56 03 Oct 07

I had something like this when I had Norton AV installed (not 360 however). Might be pure coincidence, & not saying ur problem IS Norton, but mention it all the same. I eventually got rid of Norton.

>steve< 15:47 03 Nov 07

i have the same prob without Norton so it will be interesting to follow this thread.

>steve< 15:49 03 Nov 07

i think it might be something to do with realtime protection.

birdface 10:30 04 Nov 07

Try Internet explorer and see if you get it Ok on there,Then you would be able to rule out Norton.You could try,Control Panel.Internet Options.Privacy.Sites.Type in the web address that you want to keep, And press allow. It does not always work but worth a try.

birdface 10:52 04 Nov 07

Now there was an up-date to Firefox last week I think it is now version 2.0.0.9 Something like that I downloaded it on top of the existing one and had a few problems with it.So deleted it ran c cleaner then reinstalled it.But not a lot of difference so ended up deleting it and I am now using IE7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…