windows burning

sinc 18:58 19 Jun 03

i installed a pioneer dvdrw 105 recent when i try to burn files using windows app it wont it says wrong function ? it is ok when i use my software nero but it wont let me use the windows i used to have a cdrwriter in place of my pioneer and it worked before i installed my pioneer dvd- writer cdr writer microsoft tell me i need technical support any suggestions (frustrated)any help at all would be grateful.

-pops- 19:09 19 Jun 03

Are you trying to burn DVDs with the XP burner?

I believe that the XP burner is for CD disks only.

I can't understand why, when you have Nero, you would want to restrict yourself to the limited functions of the XP software.

To use Nero properly with DVD burners it is important to have the latest version installed. Get that from click here

Brian

barrie_g 19:14 19 Jun 03

Yep as -pops- says, XP = cd's only.

-pops- 16:06 22 Jun 03

Via email:-

"thanks pops for reply idont have nero on my computer at all mistake the software ihave isrecord now dx and prassi primo dvd for burning cds +dvds my windows software wont write files to a cdr on my new pioneer 105 dvr- before i installed pioneer i used to burn cdrs no props at all do i need a driver from pioneer ?"

Afraid I know nothing about prassi primo but you say above you have Nero - if you have, download the latest version and see how you get on with that. Most disk burners need to know which writer they are burning to. If your software is at all old, your burner may not be recognised and it thus won't work.

I'm pretty sure that prasi primo will work in a similar way.

You don't need a driver from Pioneer.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…