Windows BU File history problem

johnexpgn 09:59 10 Jul 14

I have an Arbico PC running windows 8.1 (64bit) which used to have two internal hard drives and one external HD for backup. The configuration for these drives was Disc 1: divided into two partitions C and D with windows on the C partition and D was for . Disc 2: was for data only and designated E. External drive is F.

I then decided to install an SSD drive for windows and program files and this was designated as C and the whole of disc 1 was cleared of partitions and desinated for . The remaining drive Disc2 remained the same for data and designated as E.

This has all worked fine save for the Windows 8.1 back up system not recognising drive D and therefore not backing it up in file history. Instead it shows the following: $OF It backs up C and E fine.

Can you help?

John

johnexpgn 08:00 23 Jul 14

Sorry about the the muddled typing in this question. It should read:

I have an Arbico PC running windows 8.1 (64bit) which has two internal hard drives and one external HD for backup. The configuration for these drives was: Disc 1: divided into two partitions C and D with windows on the C partition and D was for data. Disc 2: was for data only and designated E. External drive is F.

I then decided to install an SSD drive for windows and program files and this was designated as C.

The whole of disc 1 was cleared of partitions and designated as D. The remaining drive Disc 2 remained the same for data and designated as E.

This has all worked fine save for the Windows 8.1 back up system not recognising drive D and therefore not backing it up in file history. Instead it shows the following: $OF It backs up C and E fine.

Can you help?

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…