Windows boot problems

killlerkingo 20:49 15 Dec 09

Hello all I am a newbie and this is my first post. Here goes, I have just installed a new power unit in my PC,however when I turn on the power it freezes on the first post screen. If I remove all my prephirals it will boot up fine?? I can get into the bios using a old style keyboard connector (not usb) but not really sure what I am doing so don't want to mess it up. Any ideas or advice would be a great help

Quiller. 21:08 15 Dec 09

one at a time to find out which is stoping the boot.
Then question if that perphiral is damaged.

killlerkingo 21:20 15 Dec 09

Thanks, I already tried this, after I boot to windows using a old keyboard, I am able to plug all perphiral's back in & it then all works fine. So I then restart the PC but again it freezes at post screen???

Sea Urchin 21:29 15 Dec 09

So you need to plug them in one at a time to find out which one is stopping the booting.

killlerkingo 21:39 15 Dec 09

Hi, thanks I already done this & it wouldn't boot up with any of them, but allowed me to plug them all in once booted up with an old keyboard, would a system restore help?

User-312386 23:22 15 Dec 09

It sounds like your power supply is not powerful enough! Is it a generic power supply or branded one and what is the wattage? Alot of non branded generic ones are not that good.

Quiller. 10:00 16 Dec 09

perphirals USB. If so you need to go into the bios to de-activate boot from usb or other devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…