windows blank screen

1smurff 25 Aug 12

hi, started up windows [ laptop ], have a blank screen f8 [restart ] no response , system restore no response , any help please !!!

woodchip 25 Aug 12

Turn it off then Remove the battery, Try it starting just on Mains Power without battery in slot

Terry Brown 25 Aug 12

First - DON'T PANIC

On your last sucessful bootup was any problems detected ?.

Did you get any sounds (beeps)?.

Have you tried with the power plugged in?.

Terry

Terry Brown 25 Aug 12

Woodchip

I'll have to type faster.

1smurff 25 Aug 12

trying to start without battery as i type, i may add that is a windows vista on ie 8

1smurff 25 Aug 12

trying to start without battery as i type, i may add that is a windows vista on ie 8

1smurff 25 Aug 12

to woodchip and terry brown, no beeps no bells, screen says, can I boot it from a second utillity ????? totally lost

1smurff 25 Aug 12

can anywone help, yes or no please

woodchip 25 Aug 12

You could try downloading Ubuntu Linux CD create a CD Iso then boot with that to get at your files first

Ubuntu download

1smurff 25 Aug 12

regarding ubuntu download, laptop working a ok switched on a ok then blank screen and no respose from keyboard , screen blank, tried without battery, no respose

rdave13 25 Aug 12

Try removing the power block and battery. Press and hold the power button on the laptop for a minute. Reconnect the transformer and try to boot up without the battery. Other post.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message