windows blank screen

1smurff 18:59 25 Aug 12

hi, started up windows [ laptop ], have a blank screen f8 [restart ] no response , system restore no response , any help please !!!

woodchip 19:06 25 Aug 12

Turn it off then Remove the battery, Try it starting just on Mains Power without battery in slot

Terry Brown 19:07 25 Aug 12

First - DON'T PANIC

On your last sucessful bootup was any problems detected ?.

Did you get any sounds (beeps)?.

Have you tried with the power plugged in?.

Terry

Terry Brown 19:08 25 Aug 12

Woodchip

I'll have to type faster.

1smurff 19:14 25 Aug 12

trying to start without battery as i type, i may add that is a windows vista on ie 8

1smurff 19:17 25 Aug 12

trying to start without battery as i type, i may add that is a windows vista on ie 8

1smurff 19:22 25 Aug 12

to woodchip and terry brown, no beeps no bells, screen says, can I boot it from a second utillity ????? totally lost

1smurff 19:32 25 Aug 12

can anywone help, yes or no please

woodchip 19:40 25 Aug 12

You could try downloading Ubuntu Linux CD create a CD Iso then boot with that to get at your files first

Ubuntu download

1smurff 19:44 25 Aug 12

regarding ubuntu download, laptop working a ok switched on a ok then blank screen and no respose from keyboard , screen blank, tried without battery, no respose

rdave13 22:31 25 Aug 12

Try removing the power block and battery. Press and hold the power button on the laptop for a minute. Reconnect the transformer and try to boot up without the battery. Other post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…