Windows auto update.

Tim1964 20:30 12 Oct 03

I've just started using 'windows auto update' to keep an eye on any critical updates for win98 (as support is ended/ending soon) so I don't miss any. The only one I haven't installed is IE6 Service Pack 1.
I'm running IE6 and the update seems very large 11Mb+ and appears to be the complete IE6 rather than an upgrade.
My question this update required or is it in fact the IE version that I already have? and if so is there a way to stop the auto update feature popping this up?

BarryKeith 21:35 12 Oct 03

A lot of IE6 was rewritten due to security holes. If your'e on broadband, it's no problem to download, but dialup is a different story. If your'e on dialup look for one of the coverdisks with the update, there should be several available.

slimpickins 21:56 12 Oct 03

Try XP magazine because MS has banned other magazines from putting updates on cover discs.

Tim1964 22:37 12 Oct 03

The download size isn't a prob (on BB) just wasn't sure if I would be downloading the same as I already have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…