windows applications ??

Magik ®© 08:58 18 May 05

hi, my daughters PC is playing up,it is running win98se, I have the evesham restore disk, but i think there was another disk which i can not find, so i do not want to try and reformat the thing, the disk i have has 4 options,one of them is "quick restore no format"it will install a new OS while keeping all your data, now for the question, about time i hear you cry, it states all windows applications and settings will be lost, your old windows will be backed up..what is a example of a windows application ? and what will she lose ?

thanks

Diemmess 09:29 18 May 05

If you use the option you mention you will at best be back to the way it was when bought. Any thing you added or tweaked since will disappear.

At worst the whole thing will become unusable (you mentioned a missing second CD?)

Better if you can detail what is "playing up" with the present arrangement, in the hope that correcting that will be a lot less traumatic!

Magik ®© 09:33 18 May 05

thanks, you may well be right,I think now, my best plan is to go over to her place and bring it back here..thanks again

quack 09:33 18 May 05

Contact Evesham for new set of disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…