Windows Advisor

poprob 13:17 27 Apr 04

Has anyone else had this offer thru the post.I had it this morning and for a nonothing like me it sounds as though its worth a try,at least the free one,theres not a day goes by that I'm not looking in here to pick someones brains and it normally pays off.Any comments would be welcome (not rude ones).Unfortunatly I have to go out and wont be back till tonight.
The cost,£19.97 instead of the publishers price of £29.97.
Den

€dstowe 13:37 27 Apr 04

My father had some offer through the post with highly glossy brochure and sample pages of a build up week by week computer publication. It was absolute rubbish. Out of date (no mention of Windows XP) and gave not only incorrect but, dangerous advice. I heard from others as well that the publishers incorrectly claim you have subscribed and then demand money with threats of legal action.

I don't know if this is the same publication but in my view you would be far better off buying PC Advisor monthly and coming here.

Post more detail of who this is from and perhaps we (I) can say if it's the same outfit.

€d

GaT7 16:16 27 Apr 04

poprob - Does it have anything to do with this? - click here. The £19.97 isn't a one-off payment as you'll need to pay more for 'updates'. See The Update Service - "...all this for just 14p per page...". I'm always wary of any offers that come loaded with a lot of 'freebies' & 'extras'. One generally ends up paying more in the long run! I would suggest you wait for more comments from other Forum members about this package/company before taking the leap.

Consider these: asking questions on this Forum, subscribing to a comp mag, borrowing comp books from your local library, buying a good comp book from recommendations made on the Forum (you may have to start a new thread).

€dstowe - I think you may be referring to 'At Home with Your PC' - yes, utter junk if one takes a closer look. We've had complaints on the Forum about this company before.

poprob 18:51 27 Apr 04

Thanks both of you,I do buy PCA every month and as I said spend a lot of time delving into this forum,time I have plenty of I normaly find a cure on here thanks to VOG and co,the publisher is Victoria Burrill
Agora Publications Ltd
Yes thats the one Crossbow7. I have had a lokk at thier site and will probably give thier offer a miss.Thank you for your comments.
Den

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…