Windows Address Book, export?

wint 20:05 09 Nov 03

Hi,

I can't export my Windows Address Book from either Outlook 2000 or the address book its-self.

The Import & Export options are greyed out. The normal .pst import & export options are there. I export all my folders to a back-up on a regular basis.

I do export my contacts folder but, on another PC, unless I import to Outlook Express and then import from OE, I can't see an obvious way round this - or is it so obvious I am looking straight past it?

wee eddie 20:22 09 Nov 03

I know of no Windows Address Book.

M$ Office > Outlook > Contacts has one and so does Outlook Express.

But they are very different and only partially compatible as Outlook's Contacts section holds so much more detail.

VoG II 20:35 09 Nov 03
  wee eddie 20:58 09 Nov 03

I owe you one there!

I did not even know it existed and I could have saved myself ?400 or thereabouts

wint 22:55 09 Nov 03

Ahh, now we have proved it's existence - how do I export it?????
:-)

wint 09:47 10 Nov 03

should have said that I had already read the KB item (it's also in Outlook help).

It's the Export & Import options which are greyed out and not available.

Any ideas why that may be the case?

wee eddie 10:33 10 Nov 03

You usually have to highlight something before a facility is enabled.

wint 10:57 10 Nov 03

Tried that, highlighting one, many, all and none.

I wonder if something is missing or corrupt? The only thing is, I don't know what!

I have tried it on other machines, XP, 2000 & NT with no problems. The only one that doesn't work is the one I want it to work on! BTW, WinXP home with Office 2000.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

pj123 11:44 10 Nov 03

I don't know if this is what you mean but when I transferred my address book from one PC to another PC all I did was copy all my .wab files to portable media (either floppy disk, USB memory or camera card etc..) and then copied them in to the same place on the other PC. Works for me.

wee eddie 11:50 10 Nov 03

Since I had to disable my network (probably incorrectly set up in the first place)

I copy Outlook.pst from the PC, and paste it to the Laptop, first, having made sure all the new entries made on the Laptop have been entered into the PC

wee eddie 11:52 10 Nov 03

This way works. I use a ZIP Disk because of the size of the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…