Windows 98SE Yellow exclaimation Marks on Devices

williamj 10:59 30 Nov 03

When Device Manager is selected from 'My Computer' there are 13 yellow exclaimation markes at DUPLICATED devices.
They show up as 'Problem Devices' on System Information.
The P.C. still performs regardless of the problem devices.
I have removed the problem devices, but when the P.C. is resrarted they return exactly as before.

Williamj

sil_ver 11:34 30 Nov 03

And these problem devices are where in Dev Manager?. If in sound, video and game devices and you have onboard sound and a sound card, could be your onboard sound is disabled but still being looked for. When you upgraded did you disconnect all peripherals beforehand?

williamj 19:27 01 Dec 03

To Silver, The devices marked with yellow exclaimation marks are:
Floppy Disc - Keayboard -Mouse - Com Port - ECP Printer - and on System Devices: DMA Control - M/B Resources - Numeric data processor - PCI Bus -Programable interupt controller - System Board extension etc
I am convinced the problem is related to the registry

powerless 19:37 01 Dec 03

Errr reinstalled the drivers?

williamj 19:01 20 Sep 05

All yellow exclaimation marks (On the other devices) were eliminated when the one associated with "Motherboard Resources" was removed.
Unfortunately the loss of "Motherboard Resources" has effected other things.i.e. automatic shut down of the P.C. and running of Outlook Express and M.S Outlook.
P.C. locks up when logging off Outlook Express via the icon on the Task Bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…