Windows 98se start up problem

skipper1 21:46 28 Jul 03

Currently start up is sticking, just before the tool bar should appear.If I try & go into safe mode once I press ok,the tool bar appears for a second & then disappears,leaving a blank screen bar safe mode in each corner.

VoG II 22:14 28 Jul 03

I can only suggest that you try installing Windows over itself. To do this you will need to enter the BIOS. Typically when you restart it will say "Press DEL to enter setup" - which key(s) you need to press depend on your motherboard - some examples click here

Once there, navigate the screens until you find boot order and change it to CDROM as first device. Exit the BIOS, saving your selections.

Place your Windows 98 disk in the drive and reboot. Follow the on-screen instructions.

oglemire 07:01 29 Jul 03

Toolbar.... Are you refering to the office shortcut bar or taskbar and system tray? Most likely Office shortcut bar, if so switch it off by booting into safe mode and removing it from your startup group or via msconfig. You could remove icons from the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Shortcut Bar\Office this would build an emtpy bar allowing you to trouble shoot the cause.

TechMad 15:52 29 Jul 03

If you want the taskbar with the "Start" button. Take the mouse pointer down to the edge of the screen, where the bar appeared. If the bar appears, you have a funtion called "Auto Hide" active.

To fix this, Click on the start menu and then settings and then "Taskbar and Start menu". Untick the "Auto Hide" option.

skipper1 17:41 10 Aug 03

Tried installing windows 98 overitself,although now running it dosen`t recognise either a ps2 mouse or infra red(Logitech) mouse.

xania 09:21 11 Aug 03

Try re-installing your mouse drivers.

skipper1 21:03 11 Aug 03

Unfortunately we have tried to reinstall drivers but with the same result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…