Windows 98SE lost recycle bin icon

old fogey 11:32 18 Nov 05

This is probably a simple question but does anyone know how to restore the recycle bin icon on the desktop in Windows 98 SE. Someone (although nobody in this house knows anything !)has removed the recycle bin icon from my desktop and I deleted a file then realised I needed it but cannot find the recycle bin.

rawprawn 11:41 18 Nov 05

I'm on XP, but I assume it's the smae in Win 98. Open Winows Explorer scroll down to bottom left, you will see Recycle Bin. Drag the icon onto the desktop.

DieSse 11:42 18 Nov 05

First check it hasn't been *hidden* under another icon.

Or try click here

old fogey 19:22 18 Nov 05

DieSse and rawprawn
Appologies for late reply unfortunately I have a slave driver of a boss who expects me to actually work!

I indeed found it using rawprawns method thanks for your help.

woodchip 21:31 18 Nov 05

Try this it may work. Right click Empty Desktop Properties\Effects click on the waste bin then press Default icon for both the Full and Empty Icons

palinka 22:28 18 Nov 05

old fogey, how about a tick in the resolved box. Since the improvements to this site that mean we don't have to log in to READ posts it's easy to forget to log in in order to tick "Resolved" - found mysaelf forgetting.

woodchip 22:33 18 Nov 05

Yes you are right I just had a read above and found it fixed. My fault being lazy not reading. But he gets a mail every time a post comes to is thread so he may cotton on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…