windows 98se install

ipg 19:32 19 Sep 05

HELP i've formatted my hard drive and am tring toreinstall windows 98 but after 9 seconds on the file transfer i get an 'you interupted setup'mesage an the install stops any ideas would be a great help
cheers

woodchip 19:38 19 Sep 05

how did you format the disc? did you uswe a Floppy startup disc? as it cannot be done in Windows

ipg 19:59 19 Sep 05

no i piggy backed of a hard drive running me and used the right click drop down menu from 'my computer'

woodchip 20:09 19 Sep 05

That should work, but do it again, with a Win98se boot floppy from click here It's the tenth files from the top download to your Hard Drive. put a blank Floppy in computer and double click the Downloaded file. This creates the Floppy boot disc. Start the Win 98 computer with floppy in drive, then let it load to A:\> type just as it looks like this

A:\>FORMAT C: press enter you do not need to put a name in at the end, just press enter, it will bring you back to A:\> then the next way if it will work on your computer is to change the BIOS so the first boot device is CDrom, Hard Drive as the seconed boot device. then just start with the Win98 CD in comp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…