windows 98se code

denis93c 19:55 07 Apr 05

windows 98se code
i got my old windows 98se into the xp pc,i cant find the 25 number and digit code. would some-one please send me one,i know this is not entireally legal ,but i have the real disc.

Paranoid Android 20:18 07 Apr 05

Real disks are easy to get hold of, ten a penny on ebay. What you need is the install key and COA.

If you really want to obtain an "illegal" install key, I suggest you search Google rather than this forum.

If Windows 98 is still installed on your system, there are tools you can download to read back the code from your hard disk.

Marvin

QuickHare 20:24 07 Apr 05

A good program to reveal your own system's code is the Belarc Advisor, which can be used to reveal it.

Please note that obtaining a CD Key from someone other than Microsoft is illegal, and thus no-body at PC Advisor or the member of their forums are responsible for that piece of advice.

denis93c 21:09 07 Apr 05

look back at my posting "clean install xp?"

JonnyTub 21:24 07 Apr 05

I'd be more than happy to post my old 98se disk off too you (product key included) as it's of no use to me now, i believe someone else from here got my plain old 98 one some time ago, check your email.

denis93c 15:10 08 Apr 05

thanks to you all for your help

Yoda Knight 15:15 08 Apr 05

Is it a 98 or XP code your after anyway ?

Total Care Support 16:18 08 Apr 05

Hi denis93c

You might be suprised give Microsoft a call with Windows 98 they have been known to give out the key whilst on the telephone give them a try the number in the UK is 0870 5010300,

Best regards

Daniel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…