windows 98 with xp sp2

emcyes 19:31 29 Mar 08

Friends,

I have windows xp sp2 as my operating system with two drives c and d, also i have external hard drive of 250gb with four partitions.
Now i want to install windows98 on my pc alongwith xp mainly because i want to use excel its pretty good with many features than spreadsheet in xp sp2.
Can anyone guide me so that i could use excel without installing win98 or by installing 98 as an alternate drive.

Thanks...

Clapton is God 19:43 29 Mar 08

"i want to install windows98 on my pc alongwith xp mainly because i want to use excel its pretty good with many features than spreadsheet in xp sp2"

Excel is nothing to do with Windows 98 or Windows XP SP2.

Win 98 and XP SP2 are operating systems.

Excel comes as part of the Microsoft Office package - a completely different product.

Assuming you have Office, you can use it with Win 98 or Win XP - although why you want to install Win 98 along with XP is beyond me.

emcyes 19:52 29 Mar 08

Ok taking your word Clapton can i install microsoft office package and start using excel in xp sp2. I want excel because i work for media and i calculate the total hours of transmission takes place each day and the total runs to more than 24 hours and in xp spreadsheet there is no provision to calculate more than 24hours, but in excel we can calculate the hours of programme radiated at the rate of 18 hours per day it comes to 540hours per month. In spreadsheet whatever the input is it rounds off to every 24 hours and its difficult to make the total hours radiated or transmitted.

Technotiger 19:52 29 Mar 08

As per Clapton is God's comment, Excel is part of Microsoft Office. Or there is a very good Free alternative to Office which still has a similar Spreadsheet and which is Office 2000 compatible - Open Office Org from click here

Or if you are intent on having XP & '98 this should point you in the right direction click here

woodchip 20:05 29 Mar 08

I run XP Home and 98se On the same Computer each as it's own drive. Dual booted

Clapton is God 20:09 29 Mar 08

"can i install microsoft office package and start using excel in xp sp2"

As I have already said - yes.

Please do not confuse XP with Excel - one is an operating system and the other is a spreadsheet package.

As far as XP is concerned, it is Microsoft's most superior operating system so far (although Vista fans may argue differently) - don't waste you time with Win 98.

kjrider 20:12 29 Mar 08

If you have a Hard Drive Caddy, you can have a spare drive with Win 98 on it like i have.

It just takes 10 seconds to change it over.

KJR

emcyes 17:00 31 Mar 08

Thanks, Clapton is God.. for your advice i really confused you but my intention was clear regarding calculation. But i later downloaded openoffice and my intention to use calculate my office work was clear within minutes.I dropped my idea of installing win98.
Thanks once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…