windows 98 word program

cott66 20:10 01 Jul 03

will not alaign in the centre,only to the right.it will not press in it just stays in the right.a comp novice

Rtus 20:18 01 Jul 03

If you go to the program in question and click on the HELP tab then click about it will tell you which version of word were refering to it will look something like > Microsoft - Word ???? (9.0.2720) its that info thats needed to help..As its a seperate program to Windows98

wee eddie 20:22 01 Jul 03

at the Top of the Screen

Edit - Select All

on the Line below

over to the centre right there should be a group of 4 sets of horizontal lines

Left Aligned - Centred - Right Aligned - Full Width.

Click - Left Aligned

I am assuming that you are using MS Word, if this does not work. Add another note to this thread and i shall check back in a while

cott66 23:52 01 Jul 03

thats all it says r word pad. does not highlight the select all...its there but not highlighted.cheers

cott66 23:58 01 Jul 03

the button is like stuck in left alaign

woodchip 23:58 01 Jul 03

May I try to translate what you said, you have opened WordPad and the mouse curser is printing from the right instead of the left position. Is that right or wrong?

woodchip 00:06 02 Jul 03

Please explain clearly what you are trying to do and what the problem is

Rtus 00:10 02 Jul 03

Ok its almost the same as we-eddie says with the exception if you go to The FORMAT tab on top line .See If any are greyed out /unselectable , or if you look lower down on tool bar youll see 3 boxes Left Align Centre and Right If you cant select these for setting I suggest you remove wordpad via Control panel >add remove> windows setup> accessories . Then Close and re boot Have W98 cd ready then reinstall Wordpad..using same routine as above. But Do back up system First..

cott66 10:42 02 Jul 03

cheers but i dont understand . what to do i weill get someone to do it cheers.i will make it worse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…