Windows 98 and USB 2

askgreg 22:33 05 Aug 04

A very short question.Will USB 2 work with Windows 98.Many thanks in anticipation of your instant replies.

woodchip 22:56 05 Aug 04

The only way that you can get USB 2 to work on 98se is a PCI usb Card that comes with Win98se Drivers on a Disc "it will not work at 2 without" even though it say's win98 on some it will only work a 1.1 without the drivers. ensure you get the drivers with the PCI card.,

askgreg 23:53 05 Aug 04

Thanks Woodchip.I have been having 'PCI Universal Serial Bus' new hardware windows on start up.Unable to load drivers and the reason given me by another party was this non support for USB 2 with windows 98.

askgreg 23:59 05 Aug 04

I will be unable to respond again until Monday, thanks for all your help so far.

hillybilly 00:55 06 Aug 04

I've installed a pci card today into a "windows first edition" machine. Had the drivers but had to go to M/soft and do a windows update, USB ports working fine now as 2.0.

ski 1 23:15 06 Aug 04

Belkin have a good usb 2.0 pci card check out
pc world you also get drivers on disc with it

askgreg 20:51 08 Aug 04

Thanks all for your replies.Can anyone say why I am having the 'PCI Universal Serial Bus ' hardware warning each time I 'start; ?

hillybilly 20:55 08 Aug 04

Have a look in Device Manager and see if you have any yellow question marks! If check the status of that item.

woodchip 20:58 08 Aug 04

No idea but right click My Computer\Properties\Device Manager and click on any yellow marks and then click remove. Restart your comp and try to load the drivers if a Windows wizard comes up. DO NOT PUT THE WINDOWS DISC IN IF IT [email protected] FOR IT, put the driver disc in and point the wizard to the drivers on the disc

askgreg 22:58 08 Aug 04

Thanks hillybilly and woodchip.I will follow up tomorrow, and report.I know from a previous look that there are 'yellow marks' in 'Device Manager'.Woodchip you talk about 'The Driver Disc' what disc.?

jonnytub 23:34 08 Aug 04

the driver disk that came with your card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple