Windows 98 upgrade

My OS is win 98.I have obtained a win 98se CD.
Can I update to win 98se over win 98 or do I need to do a new install.

Cuddles 19:23 14 Feb 03

depends if the 98se is an upgrade or an oem version, if its an oem it will only install on a formatted drive unless you delete c:\windows\

Stuartli 19:31 14 Feb 03

There are several threads on this subject - it also depends if it is an Upgrade or full version which way it is installed.

This is the main one:

click here

Stuartli 19:32 14 Feb 03

If you read my posting a little way down you'll find an explanation despite the thread title.

professor 16:48 15 Feb 03

i always reccomend a compleat unconditional format (FORMAT C: /U) and fresh install of any OS as ive always had problems when simply overwriting an OS for example unexplained incompatability issues which have been solved and never heard of again by simply doing a compleat format an install of a new OS

Stuartli, Mine is a full version Win 98se.
I have read all the threads and still not decided on over install or clean install.
I have 2 hard drives installed(10gb+80gb) connected to a controller card.
I dont fancy a full install of 98se and was thinking if I disconnect 80gb drive and reformat
10gb drive with 98se reconnect 80gb would this work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…